This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the product and provides that in normal use if any part thereof proves to be defective in workmanship or materials (from the date of original purchase until the end of the warranty period), provided the product is used in accordance with the Care Instructions outlined below.
A defective part or product will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of the manufacturer. Repair or replacement of defective parts or products is at the discretion of Serenity Bedding Pty. Ltd (the manufacturer), our exclusive partners in the creation of the ABCA designed Super Firm Mattress. If identical materials are not available at the end of service, the manufacturer may substitute materials of a comparable quality.
These care instructions must be complied with to ensure your new product is covered by this warranty.
- Always use a mattress protector to avoid accidental soiling. WARRANTY VOID IF MATTRESS IS STAINED OR DIRTY IN ANY WAY.
- The slats on the base supporting the mattress must be no more than 7cm apart. We recommend a centre support rail for all slat bases for double sizes and above.
- Flexible Slats or ‘Posture Slats’ are not recommended for our mattresses and will void the warranty.
- Avoid sitting on the edge of the mattress as this could damage the frame, spring or border.
- Rotation of the mattress will extend it’s life.
- This must be done every two weeks for the first three months and monthly thereafter.
- If your new mattress is firmer or softer than the one you are replacing, it could take up to 30 days for your body to adjust.
- Air your mattress periodically.
- Do not let anyone stand or jump on your mattress. These products are not designed to take this treatment. This will void your warranty.
- Do not wash or dry-clean your mattress, unless otherwise stated on the label of the product.
- Our products are not flame proof. Do not expose to fire and do not smoke in bed.
- Body impressions appear as indentations on the surface of any new mattress where foams and upholstery levels settle. Generally, body impressions are considered normal and are not a structural defect. Body impressions indicate the mattress is performing appropriately, contouring to your body shape for comfort. Rotating your mattress according to the Care Instructions will ensure the mattress has even wear.
- Whether a body impression qualifies as a product defect or not, is solely determined by Serenity Bedding Pty Ltd. This is measured by removing all bedding covering the mattress and placing a straight edge (such as a broom) across the bed. The gap underneath this is then measured. You may be asked to do this.
- Generally a height loss that is considered normal is 25-35mm. The degree of the body impression will depend on the mattress comfort layers and your body shape.
Registering your warranty
Your purchase is your registration of warranty. Please keep your purchase invoice for future reference.
Please contact us to discuss any warranty issues.
In the event you suspect a defect with your product, please send your original proof of purchase to email@example.com together with a description of the warranty issue you are facing, and supporting photographs as described above for body impressions, or showing other defected areas. A photo of the frame or base must also be supplied.
A member of the team will then be in touch to discuss your concerns.
In some circumstances an inspection by a company representative or its agent may be necessary.
In other cases the goods may be required to be returned to Serenity Bedding Pty. Ltd. for inspection.
This will be decided by Serenity Bedding Pty. Ltd at their discretion.
This warranty expressly excludes;
- Damage caused by burns, misuse, neglect or accident.
- Normal wear and tear, including normal body impressions (refer to Body Impressions in Care Instructions).
- Goods found in an unsanitary condition.
- Incorrect choice by the purchaser.
- Damage caused by mould or moisture build up.
- Mattress used on a sagging or inadequate base. To support the mattress, for a timber slat base, slats must be no more than 7cm apart and sizes double and above require a centre rail.
- Fabric stains, soiling, burns or fraying caused by rubbing (e.g. on a slat base)
- Border wires and spring coils found to be bent due to inappropriate handling, folding, sitting on the mattress edge, standing or jumping on the product.
- Handles (if fitted) that have been used to lift the weight of the mattress.
- Minor manufacturing irregularities.
Transport costs will be met by the manufacturer within the first 12 months from original purchase date only if a defect in the product is found.
If goods are returned and no defective part is found, the transport costs will be met by the purchaser.
After the first 12 months from original purchase date, transport costs will be met by the purchaser.
Serenity Bedding Pty. Ltd., will not accept any responsibility for damage or loss incurred during the transit of the product.